Environmental Site Assessment Phase I
A Basic Guide, Third Edition
Equally informative as an introduction for those new to the field and as a quick reference guide for experienced practitioners, this third edition reviews investigative tools mandated by the Rule, as well as many that are not. It presents the recommended searches pertaining to petroleum and petroleum product concerns as covered by the Standard, and expands on the hazards associated with construction. The author reviews the legal issues involved in the purchase of property and an historic overview provides context and a sense of the evolution of the field. Chapters outline the assessment process from beginning to end in an organized, step-by-step manner. The book describes investigations of the physical setting, historic usage, property and area reconnaissance, building materials, and industrial activities associated with a property. It also gives tips on interviewing, lists regulatory agencies, and considers special resources such as wetlands and buildings with historical value.
Whether you are actively involved in the performance of site assessments or simply want to be better informed when purchasing property, Environmental Site Assessment Phase 1, Third Edition is an important resource on a wide range of investigative tools.
314 pages; ISBN 9780849379673
, or download in
Title: Environmental Site Assessment Phase I
Author: Kathleen Hess-Kosa
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Hazardous substances and their disposal
- Academic > Engineering > Sanitary engineering > Hazardous substances and their disposal
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Law > Environmental
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Technology > Industrial Health & Safety