The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
High Performance Computing in Remote Sensing
The recent use of latest-generation sensors in airborne and satellite platforms is producing a nearly continual stream of high-dimensional data, which, in turn, is creating new processing challenges. To address the computational requirements of time-critical applications, researchers have begun incorporating high performance computing (HPC) models in remote sensing missions. High Performance Computing in Remote Sensing is one of the first volumes to explore state-of-the-art HPC techniques in the context of remote sensing problems. It focuses on the computational complexity of algorithms that are designed for parallel computing and processing.
A Diverse Collection of Parallel Computing Techniques and Architectures
The book first addresses key computing concepts and developments in remote sensing. It also covers application areas not necessarily related to remote sensing, such as multimedia and video processing. Each subsequent chapter illustrates a specific parallel computing paradigm, including multiprocessor (cluster-based) systems, large-scale and heterogeneous networks of computers, grid computing platforms, and specialized hardware architectures for remotely sensed data analysis and interpretation.
An Interdisciplinary Forum to Encourage Novel Ideas
The extensive reviews of current and future developments combined with thoughtful perspectives on the potential challenges of adapting HPC paradigms to remote sensing problems will undoubtedly foster collaboration and development among many fields.
494 pages; ISBN 9781420011616
, or download in
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > IBM 1130 ; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > High performance computing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Science > Geography
- Technology > Agriculture
- Technology > Remote Sensing