The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
What's Next - The Experts' Guide
Predictions from 50 of America's Most Compelling People
What will the next ten years look like?
In her role as founder and president of The Intelligence Group, a consulting and trend-spotting company at the forefront of predictions about the ever-elusive youth and consumer market, Jane Buckingham spends her days looking for the telling details in today's culture that give clues about what our future holds. What's Next: The Experts' Guide is the result of her conversations with dozens of fascinating people in a wide range of industries, all giving their highly individual perspectives on the world as they know it.
From education to the environment, from robotics to drug policy, with an emphasis on up-and-coming industries and news-making topics, some of the most compelling and timely matters of our era are addressed by dozens of contributors, including:
- Renowned computer scientist Steve Ward, PhD, on the biggest issues regarding emerging technologies, intellectual property, and alternate economic models.
- Actors Felicity Huffman and Bill Macy, on the need for new creativity in storytelling.
- Campaign adviser Joe Trippi, on how politics will be turned upside down in the next five to ten years.
- Latina magazine founder Christy Haubegger, on the optimism and growing prospects of the young Latino population.
- Architect Greg Lynn, on how technology is uniting the world of design, from automobiles to art to movies.
Filled with surprising insights and details, What's Next: The Experts' Guide also shows how these leaders work, what they believe will be important, and what they think is not worth our time. In a world that seems to be changing faster than ever, What's Next offers intriguing insights into how we can keep up—and stay ahead.
302 pages; ISBN 9780061563492
The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization 2008 US$ 14.95 144 pages
Business Adventures 2014 US$ 14.99 400 pages