End User Development
By now, most people have become familiar with the basic functionality and interfaces of computers. However, developing new or modified applications that effectively support users' goals still requires considerable expertise in programming that cannot be expected from most people. Thus, one fundamental challenge for the coming years is to develop environments that allow users who do not have background in programming to develop or modify their own applications, with the ultimate aim of empowering people to flexibly employ advanced information and communication technologies.
The present book is an effort to make many important aspects of the international discussion on End-User Development (EUD) available to a broader audience. It provides a unique set of contributions from various research institutes in various countries addressing relevant issues and proposing original solutions.
The editors hope that this broad look at the emerging paradigm of End-User Development leads you to appreciate its diversity and potential for the future. And we look forward to having you, the reader, the "end-user" of this book, contribute what you can to the field, whether it is working on a system for EUD, or simply achieving a better understanding of how EUD might fit into your work and your life.
Title: End User Development
Author: Henry Lieberman; Fabio Paternò; Volker Wulf
Java For Everyone 2012 US$ 52.00 831 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > End-user computing
- Academic > Computer Science > Human-computer interaction
- Academic > Computer Science > User interfaces (Computer systems)
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Social Aspects
- Computers > User Interfaces
- Computers > Interactive Media