Nature and Young Children
Encouraging Creative Play and Learning in Natural Environments
From adding richness and variety to learning, to redesigning a playground, this highly accessible text will provide early years practitioners with a wealth of ideas on how to foster creative play and learning in the outdoor environment with a focus on interacting with the natural world.
Nature and Young Children contains many simple ideas on the type of materials that can be added to encourage observation, exploration and dramatic play, as well as guidance on what early years practitioners can do to help children meet early development and academic goals through outdoor learning activities.
Relating to every-day early years settings throughout, the author of this inspirational text addresses topics such as:
- gardening with young children
- choosing plants for safety, variety and active learning
- making outdoor activities and play spaces accessible for children with disabilities
- involving parents in appreciating and developing the outdoor space and outdoor activities
- dealing with fears, safety and comfort issues.
Presented in an effective way to develop environmentally responsible attitudes, values and behaviours, Nature and Young Children is recommended for all early years practitioners and students.
Title: Nature and Young Children
Author: Ruth Wilson
Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites 2010 US$ 33.95 169 pages
Biology for the IB Diploma 2015 US$ 47.00 415 pages