Very Large Floating Structures
Groundbreaking and comprizing articles by expert contributors, this volume provides a comprehensive treatment of VLFSs and their relationship with the sea, marine habitats, the pollution of costal waters and tidal and natural current flow.
It looks in-depth at:
- VLFS and the colonization of ocean space with their appearance in the waters off developed coastal cities
- wave properties, which is essential for estimating the loading on the VLFS as well as for modelling structure-fluid interactions
- hydroelastic and structural analysis of VLFS at an overall level and the cell level
- the analysis and design of breakwaters
- simulation models to understand the actual flow of water through the VLFS and to determine the drift forces for the mooring systems
- anti-corrosion and maintenance systems
- new research and developments, with emphasis on the Mega-Float, a 1 km long floating test runway.
Well-illustrated with photographs, drawings, equations for mathematical modelling and analysis and extensively referenced, Very Large Floating Structures is ideal for professionals, academics and students of civil and structural engineering.
242 pages; ISBN 9781134111756
, or download in or
Title: Very Large Floating Structures
Author: C.M. Wang; E. Watanabe; T. Utsunomiya