The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Teaching English, Language and Literacy
This fully updated second edition of Teaching English, Language and Literacy is an essential introduction for anyone learning to teach English at primary school level. Designed for students on initial teacher training courses, but also of great use to those teachers wanting to keep pace with the latest developments in their specialist subject. The book covers the theory and practice of teaching English, language and literacy and includes comprehensive analysis of the Primary National Strategy (PNS) Literacy Framework.
Each chapter has a specific glossary to explain terms and gives suggestions for further reading. This second edition covers key areas that students, teachers and English co-ordinators have to manage, and includes advice on:
- developing reading, including advice on choosing texts, and the role of phonics
- improving writing skills, including advice on grammar and punctuation
- planning and assessing speaking and listening lessons
- working effectively with pupils who are multilingual
- understanding historical developments in the subject
- the latest thinking in educational policy and practice,
- the use of multimedia
- maintaining good home-school links.
- gender and the teaching of English language and literacy
All these chapters include clear examples of practice, coverage of key issues, analysis of research, and reflections on national policy to encourage the best possible response to the demands of the National Curriculum.
304 pages; ISBN 9781134148080
, or download in or