The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Redeeming Features of Daily Life
This fully-illustrated book brings together for the first time an account of Baker's career as an artist – from her first sculptures at Central St Martins in the early 1970s to her most recent work, 'How to Live' and 'Diary Drawings' – with critical commentary by reviewers and academic practitioners.
- Bobby Baker's own 'Chronicle' of her work as artist and performer
- illuminating critical writing about Baker's shows
- transcripts of Baker's performances and other original materials reproduced here for the first time
- significant new essays by Michele Barrett and Griselda Pollock
- a new interview with Bobby Baker by Adrian Heathfield.
Under the guiding editorial hand of distinguished cultural theorist Michèle Barrett, this volume is an essential text for students interested in performance, gender, and visual culture, and a hugely absorbing and accessible account of Baker's work.
288 pages; ISBN 9781134066889
, or download in or
Title: Bobby Baker
Author: Michèle Barrett; Bobby Baker