The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Best Interests of the Child in Healthcare
Topical and compelling, this volume provides an excellent re-evaluation of the ‘best interests’ test in the healthcare arena; the ways in which it has developed, the inherent difficulties in its use and its interpretation in legal cases concerning the medical care of children.
Comprehensively covering both the English and Scottish position within the context of the European Convention of human Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the author examines a wide range of healthcare situations, from the commonly occurring to the unusual, offering a detailed analysis of legislation, case law, cases and their implications.
It includes discussions on:
- the extent to which a child’s body can be examined, operated on and affected by medicines, devices or procedures intended to bring about medical change
- the appropriate scope of parental choice and authority and at what stage of their development children should be allowed to make their own decisions
- the response to situations where the interests of children may be in conflict – the cases of conjoined twins or the donation of organs to siblings.
This work is a key resource for postgraduates and researchers working and studying in the fields of law, healthcare and medicine.
328 pages; ISBN 9781135427993
, or download in or
Justice 2009 US$ 9.99 320 pages
Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors (The Orange Guide) 2014 US$ 126.56 641 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Medical legislation
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > Schools of legal theory
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > Relation of law to other topics
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Medicine and the state > Regulation of medical practice. Evaluation and quality control of medical care. Medical audit
- Academic > Law > Law of the United Kingdom and Ireland > England and Wales
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Periodicals
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Encyclopedias
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic > Philosophical logic > Ethics of social groups, classes, etc. Professional ethics
- Academic > Philosophy > Ethics
- Law > Jurisprudence
- Law > Domestic Relations
- Law > Medical Law & Legislation
- Law > Health