Choice and Consent
Feminist Engagements with Law and Subjectivity
This current and timely volume presents new thinking and new directions in feminist legal scholarship. Rethinking key concepts in legal feminism, Cowan and Hunter provide a unique examination of key socio-legal concepts in law, jurisprudence and legal and political theory.
Written by an international cast of contributors, offering different cultural perspectives as well as doctrinal and theoretical knowledge, this collection of essays presents a dialogue between different feminist positions and approaches to a common theme.
It addresses a range of questions, including:
- Can 'consent' be rethought and infused with different meanings in a post-liberal feminist politics?
- Can the concepts of 'choice' and 'consent' have consistent meanings and functions between different areas of law, or whether they prove to be highly contingent when viewed across the broad field of law.
Exploring the deeply gendered concepts of ‘choice’ and ‘consent’ and examining the philosophical and jurisprudential issues surrounding them as well as how ‘choice’ and ‘consent’ operate in particular areas of law, including criminal law, medical law, constitutional law, employment law, family law and civil procedure, this volume is a key resource for postgraduate law students studying jurisprudence.
192 pages; ISBN 9781135331184
, or download in or
Title: Choice and Consent
Author: Rosemary Hunter; Sharon Cowan
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Civil law > Persons
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Periodicals
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Yearbooks
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law
- Philosophy > Political
- Law > International
- Law > Jurisprudence
- Law > Gender & the Law
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Feminism & Feminist Theory