The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Islam through Jewish Eyes
Islamic Culture Through Jewish Eyes analyzes the attitude towards Muslims, Islam, and Islamic culture as presented in sources written by Jewish authors in the Iberian Peninsula between the tenth and the twelfth centuries. By bringing the Jewish attitude towards the "other" into sharper focus, this book sets out to explore a largely overlooked and neglected question – the shifting ways in which Jewish authors constructed communal identity of Muslims and Islamic culture, and how these views changed overtime.
The book’s methodological sophistication and wide range of sources make it a valuable resource for scholars and researchers of comparative literature and cultural studies.
224 pages; ISBN 9781134074792
, or download in or
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > Hebrew > Literature
- Literary Criticism > Middle Eastern
- History > Military > World War II
- Religion > Islam
- History > Great Britain
- History > Europe
- History > Africa
- History > Middle East
- History > Australia & Oceania
- History > World
- History > Asia
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)