The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
From Birth to Five Years
Children's Developmental Progress
From Birth to Five Years, based on the pioneering work of Mary Sheridan, has become a classic guide to the developmental progress of pre-school children. It is widely recognised as an invaluable reference for professionals training or working in health, education and social care.
Features of this completely revised edition include:
- Charts describing key stages in the development of motor, perception, communication, play, independence and social skills, updated in the light of recent research and supported by over 120 illustrations
- Information on what we know about how children develop.
- A new section on the development of attention and self-regulation
- Guidelines for the assessment of children through observation and interaction
- Advice on when to refer to specialist services
Guidance is offered on ages at which children typically achieve key stages, whilst recognising individual variation in the rate of development and the influence of the child’s environment. Based on an ethos of health promotion and the need for a common assessment framework, the book will be welcomed by all those who work with infants and young children.
Dr Ajay Sharma is a Consultant Community Paediatrician in Southwark, London
Helen Cockerill is a Consultant Speech and Language Therapist, working at the Evelina Children’s Hospital in London.
104 pages; ISBN 9781134097821
, or download in or
More from this author
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages