Ecotourism Third Edition
Focusing on an array of economic, social and ecological inconsistencies that continue to plague ecotourism in theory and practice, this book examines ecotourism in reference to other related forms of tourism, impacts, conservation, sustainability, education and interpretation, policy and governance, and the ethical imperative of ecotourism as these apply to the world’s greenest form of tourism.
This revised edition includes:
- new information on the magnitude of the tourism industry, nature-based tourism and the pros and cons of mass ecotourism
- revised chapters on development, economics, marketing, policy, ecotourism in practice and biodiversity conservation
- a section on governance models, ecotourism programmes, operators and guides, interpretation, certification, and ecolodge design
- a discussion of ecotourism as an ethical or responsible form of tourism
- approximately 300 new references.
It includes case studies and considers the perspectives of many adjacent fields, including geography, economics, business, philosophy, biology, and environmental studies.
Title: Ecotourism Third Edition
Author: David A. Fennell
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages
- Academic > Geography > Travel. Voyages and travels (General) > Travel and state. Tourism
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Tourist camps, hostels, etc
- The Environment > Conservation
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology