Teaching and Learning in Further Education

Diversity and Change

Teaching and Learning in Further Education by Prue Huddleston
Not available

Further education colleges now deliver education and training to more students than any other institutions in the post-compulsory sector. Presenting a practical guide to teaching and learning within the context of the changing FE environment, this book addresses the diverse nature of the curriculum and of the student body for which it is designed.

This new edition looks at recent developments in policy, legislation, the organisation of the FE sector, student profiles and other contextual factors, which have an impact on the everyday life of colleges. Topics in this third edition include:

14-16 year olds in college and the impact of the Increased Flexibility Programme
marginal groups in college, including second language learners and asylum seekers
workplace learning, college/workplace links, e-learning and individualised learning
developments in e-assessment, and personal records of achievement
Full of practical activities and case study examples, Teaching and Learning in Further Education helps the reader to consider differing student needs and how these might best be served. It is essential reading for lecturers, tutors and teaching assistants in higher and further education.

Taylor and Francis; Read online
Title: Teaching and Learning in Further Education
Author: Prue Huddleston; Lorna Unwin

Buy, download and read Teaching and Learning in Further Education (eBook) by Prue Huddleston; Lorna Unwin today!