Muslim Women in Law and Society
Annotated translation of al-Tahir al-Haddad’s Imra ‘tuna fi ‘l-sharia wa ‘l-mujtama, with an introduction.
An extremely timely translation of a seminal text on the role of women in Muslim society by the early twentieth century thinker al Taher al-Haddad. Considered as one of the first feminist works in Arab literature, this book will be of considerable interest to scholars of an early "feminist" tract coming from a Muslim in Arab society. Awarded the 2008 "World Award of the President of the Republic of Tunisia for Islamic Studies"
256 pages; ISBN 9781134112739
, or download in or
Title: Muslim Women in Law and Society
Author: Ronak Husni; Daniel L. Newman
More Social Science
- Academic > Law > Islamic law. Shariah. Fiqh > Fur?' al fiqh. Substantive law. Branches of law > Ah.w?l shakhs.?yah
- Academic > Law > Islamic law. Shariah. Fiqh > Bibliography
- Academic > Law > Islamic law. Shariah. Fiqh > History, development and application of Islamic law
- Academic > Law > Religious law in general. Comparative religious law. Jurisprudence > Monographic series. By title, A-Z
- Religion > Islam
- Social Science > Feminism & Feminist Theory
- Social Science > Women's Studies