The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Leading and Managing Teaching Assistants
A Practical Guide for School Leaders, Managers, Teachers and Higher-Level Teaching Assistants
There are more than 200,000 teaching assistants(TAs) in the UK. This comprehensive, practical book deals with how to make use of them effectively. Written by a recognised authority on TAs the book investigates
- the roles of leadership and management
- the various roles of TAs and what distinguishes them from other support staff
- the whole-school learning environment
- Auditing the needs of the school and the needs of the TAs
- good practice in appointing and developing TAs – technicalities, examples and proforma.
- using a TA in the classroom - guidance for teachers
- leading a team of TAs.
This supportive and stimulating book is complemented with practical and effective strategies for managing TAs. TAs can contribute to higher standards for pupils, better curriculum delivery, improved work-life balance and effectiveness for teachers and support for whole school policies.
Including examples of good practice, real-life accounts, research evidence, sources of help and suggestions for further reading, this book provides all the guidance a manager will need to help them make the best use of their TAs.
237 pages; ISBN 9781134054299
, or download in
More from this author
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Energizing Brain Breaks 2013 US$ 19.95 65 pages