The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sacred Ecology, Second Edition
Sacred Ecology examines bodies of knowledge held by indigenous and other rural peoples around the world, and asks how we can learn from this knowledge and ways of knowing. Berkes explores the importance of local and indigenous knowledge as a complement to scientific ecology, and its cultural and political significance for indigenous groups themselves. This second edition is expanded and updated throughout, and places greater emphasis on "knowledge as process". It has two new chapters, Chapter 8 on climate change, demonstrating how indigenous communities "read" environmental signals, and Chapter 9 on how indigenous knowledge deals with complexity.
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Philosophy and methodology
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Philosophy
- Philosophy > Ethics & Moral Philosophy
- Science > Ecology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- The Environment