The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Science Behind the Startling Power of Story
The author has collected anecdotal experiences from over 100 performing storytellers and from 1,800 story practitioners (mostly teachers) who have made extensive use of stories. He has read more than 150 qualitative and quantitative research studies that discuss the effectiveness of stories and/or storytelling for one or more specific applications (education, organizational management, knowledge management, medical and narrative therapy, etc.). Forty of these studies were literature reviews and comparative studies including analysis of over 1,000 studies and descriptive articles. He has also gathered research evidence from his own story performances for total audiences of over 4 million and from conducting story writing workshops with 200,000 students and 40,000 teachers. The mind-boggling and extraordinary truth is that each and every one of these thousands of original sources agrees with the general premise that stories are effective. Story Proof" offers proof positive that stories work.
164 pages; ISBN 9780313095870
, or download in
More from this author
More Language Arts
- Academic > Library and Museum Studies > Library Studies > Library science. Information science > Library extension. Library commissions. Traveling libraries
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Teaching (Principles and practice)
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Semantics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Library & Information Science