The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Crosslinguistic Influence in Language and Cognition
A cogent, freshly written synthesis of new and classic work on crosslinguistic influence, or language transfer, this book is an authoritative account of transfer in second-language learning and its consequences for language and thought. It covers transfer in both production and comprehension, and discusses the distinction between semantic and conceptual transfer, lateral transfer, and reverse transfer. The book is ideal as a text for upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses in bilingualism, second language acquisition, psycholinguistics, and cognitive psychology, and will also be of interest to researchers in these areas.
304 pages; ISBN 9781135646677
, or download in or
More from this author
- Approaching Language Transfer through Text Classification2012US$ 30.00196 pages
- Vocabulary Knowledge2013US$ 135.00228 pages
More Language Arts
Cambridge English as a Second Language Coursebook 2009 US$ 26.00 178 pages
The Amsterdam Connection 2001 US$ 6.00 81 pages
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Language. Linguistic theory. Comparative grammar > Science of language (Linguistics)
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > General
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics