The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Comfort and Energy
The book also seeks to understand how previous generations lived in harsh climates and without abundant sources of energy, yet managed to design and build appropriate dwellings providing both comfort and harmony with the environment.
Other chapters deal with the bioclimatic concept in Vernacular Architecture; the major role which climate plays at different locations and how this can dictate the shape and form of the buildings and save energy; the importance of micro-climate and its various elements and usage; ventilation and its importance in buildings and the technology for modern architecture.
241 pages; ISBN 9780080560601
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Environmental engineering of buildings. Sanitary engineering of
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Special classes of buildings
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architectural drawing and design
- Academic > Economics
- The Environment > Sustainable Architecture & Green Design
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Technology > Engineering > Chemical & Biochemical
- Technology > Construction