Art History: The Basics
Art History: The Basics is a concise and accessible introduction for the general reader and the undergraduate approaching the history of art for the first time at college or university.
It will give you answers to questions like:
- What is art and art history?
- What are the main methodologies used to understand art?
- How have ideas about form, sex and gender shaped representation?
- What connects art with psychoanalysis, semiotics and Marxism?
- How are globalization and postmodernism changing art and art history?
Each chapter introduces key ideas, issues and debates in art history, including information on relevant websites and image archives. Fully illustrated with an international range of artistic examples, Art History: The Basics also includes helpful subject summaries, further ideas for reading in each chapter, and a useful glossary for easy reference.
288 pages; ISBN 9781134191482
, or download in or
Title: Art History: The Basics
Author: Diana Newall; Grant Pooke
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages