The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Interpreting the CMMI (R)
A Process Improvement Approach, Second Edition
Employing everyday language and supported by real world examples, the authors describe the fundamental concepts of the CMMI model, covering goals, practices, architecture, and definitions, and provide a structured approach for implementing the concepts of the CMMI into any organization. They discuss getting started in the process improvement effort, as well as how to continue on to high maturity. They walk you through the myriad of charts and graphs involved in statistical process control and offer practical recommendations. They also provide information on blending different process improvement initiatives into organizational programs (including agile development), and in this edition include more in-depth information.
The authors distill the knowledge gained in their combined 70 years of experience in project management, software engineering, systems engineering, metrics, quality assurance, appraisals, training, process improvement, and team building. Whether you are new to process improvement or an experienced professional, this volume will save you time wasted on false starts, false promises by marketers, and failed deadlines.
The authors have been responsible for successfully implementing process improvement in several different organizations. This book is based on real-life experience, not on academic theories. It provides workable solutions to inherent challenges such as appropriate roles and responsibility, resistance to change, and meaningful documentation, thus transforming CMMI concepts into practical applications.
424 pages; ISBN 9781439832196
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer software
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Software engineering
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Information Technology
- Business > Quality Control