The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The literature of hydrology abounds with texts on the hydrological and water resource problems in humid regions. However, this is not the case for the arid or semi arid regions. The situation is exemplified by the fact a concrete definition for the term “wadi”, as accepted by UNESCO for describing these areas, is difficult to find.
Arguably the first book devoted entirely to examining this important resource, Wadi Hydrology presents methodologies for sustainable management of wadis and their water resources. Through unique physical approaches, field cases, sample interpretations, and various applications to different models, this book provides an in-depth understanding of these systems that illustrates the efficiency of harnessing water from wadis. The author compiles the most up-to-date information on arid region hydrology, including specific techniques for hydrological calculations and desertification assessments, and includes examples and solved problems in each chapter.
368 pages; ISBN 9781420061550
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain > Other natural landforms: Floodplains, caves, deserts, dunes, etc.
- Academic > Physical Geography > Other natural landforms > Watersheds
- Academic > Physical Geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- The Environment