The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
NEPA and Environmental Planning
Tools, Techniques, and Approaches for Practitioners
Dr. Lynton K. Caldwell, “The Father of NEPA”
(Endorsement prepared for draft text, before he passed away)
The U.S. National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) of 1969 established the world’s first modern national environmental policy. All federal agencies must comply with NEPA’s sweeping mandate to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) evaluating impacts and alternatives of significant federal actions. More than 100 countries have now enacted similar policies emulating NEPA.
Written by a leading NEPA expert, this all-inclusive handbook:
· Incorporates a step-by-by step approach, advancing the reader from NEPA’s basic principles through advanced topics of interest to seasoned professionals
· Describes environmental planning and EIA from both American and international perspectives
· Integrates best professional practices from hundreds of sources, papers, and guidance directives
· Demonstrates state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and approaches for solving problems that have hindered NEPA and environmental planning practices.
NEPA and Environmental Planning: Tools, Techniques, and Approaches for Practitioners is an indispensable resource for professionals in government, consulting, planning, science and engineering, as well as students in undergraduate and graduate programs.
450 pages; ISBN 9781420007817
, or download in
Title: NEPA and Environmental Planning
Author: Charles H. Eccleston
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental policy > Environmental policy; United States
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Terrorism
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geophysics
- Law > Environmental
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology