The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Boys Get Anorexia Too
Coping with Male Eating Disorders in the Family
This unique and important book combines a mine of information with a readable and engaging case study. The author was shocked and horrified when her son developed anorexia at the age of twelve. Having a research background, she naturally turned her attention to finding out as much as she could about how best to combat this terrifying illness. Her son is now fully recovered and has supported this book that not only describes their experiences, but also provides a practical guide on how to cope with male eating disorders.
A much needed resource for other parents in similar situations, the book will also be of interest to people working in health centres, clinics and hospitals. It will also be invaluable for youth support groups, teachers and sports coaching staff, who are often the first to be aware of concerns about eating disorders in young men.
Jenny is a Chartered Accountant who worked in the pharmaceutical industry for many years. Latterly she has also worked in the Financial Services Industry (for six years) as a pharmaceutical and healthcare analyst and salesperson. She is a member of the Eating Disorder Association and a volunteer member of their Self Help Network.
193 pages; ISBN 9781847878748
, or download in
No More Mr. Nice Guy! 2002 US$ 9.95 261 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 11.66 320 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Diseases of children and adolescents > Mental disorders. Child psychiatry
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Examination. Diagnosis
- Self-Help > Eating Disorders
- Family & Relationships > Divorce
- Family & Relationships > Marriage
- Family & Relationships > Adoption
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Family & Relationships > Family Relationships
- Juvenile Nonfiction