The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Qualitative Research and Hypermedia
Ethnography for the Digital Age
This important new methods text sets out to equip qualitative researchers with the tools necessary to conduct ethnography in the age of email and the internet. It will investigate how digital technologies potentially transform the ways in which we do research. This text also introduces the reader to new emerging methods that utilise new technologies and explains how to conduct data collection, analysis and representation using new technologies and `hypermedia'.
Essential reading for any student or researcher interested in qualitative research in an age of hypermedia, this text:
- explains how digital technology impacts on social research;
- investigates how digital technology has reshaped the field of social research;
- consider the implications of bringing multimedia into the forefront of qualitative research;
- suggests new ways of observing and documenting a `technologised' and design-rich society;
- enables the reader to use new technologies to handle and represent qualitative data;
- unpacks the theoretical implications of writing and researching for the electronic screen
209 pages; ISBN 9781847877093
, or download in