Research Ethics for Social Scientists

Research Ethics for Social Scientists
`This is an excellent book which can be recommended both to the professional ethicist seeking to situate research ethics for a social scientific audience and to social scientists seeking an overview of the current ethical landscape of their discipline' - Research Ethics Review

Ethics is becoming an increasingly prominent issue for all researchers across the western world. This comprehensive and accessible guide introduces students to the field and encourages knowledge of research ethics in practice.

Research Ethics for Social Scientists sets out to do four things:

The first is to demonstrate the practical value of thinking seriously and systematically about what constitutes ethical conduct in social science research.

Secondly, the text identifies how and why current regulatory regimes have emerged.

Thirdly, it seeks to reveal those practices that have contributed to the adversarial relationships between researchers and regulators.

Finally, the book hopes to encourage both parties to develop shared solutions to ethical and regulatory problems.

Research Ethics for Social Scientists is an excellent introductory text for students as it:

- introduces students to ethical theory and philosophy;

- provides practical guidance on what ethical theory means for research practice;

- provides case studies to give real examples of ethics in research action.

The result is an informative, accessible and practical guide to research ethics for any student or researcher in the social sciences.

SAGE Publications; June 2006
Read online, or download in EPUB or secure PDF format
1847877761
9781412903905
9781446229507
9781847877765