The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Social Work and Social Care Practice
`A useful framework for practice to accompany undergraduate learning, and also the post-qualifying consolidation of social work knowledge, theory, and skills' - Dr Patricia Higham
This lively and engaging textbook is an adaptation of the bestselling introductory social work book available in Australia. This edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect wider changes that have characterized social work training and practice in recent years. It offers the reader an essential grounding in the core knowledge, values and skills needed for successful completion of their degree.
Key features of the book include:
- Comprehensive content - includes discussion of theoretical perspectives, policy; assessment; intervention, the ethics and values framework; and practice-learning.
- A student-friendly approach - includes case-studies, chapter summaries, further reading sections, and discussion questions.
- A multi-professional perspective - recognises the experiences of all those working across the field of social care and incorporates service-user's voices.
- Practice-oriented - offers specific guidance to overcome challenges and provides an effective framework for practice.
This authoritative textbook will be an essential guide to the challenges and concepts underpinning social work practice. It offers a flavour of what social work entails and engages with recent debates about the nature of practice. It will be an invaluable text for social work trainees, and will also be useful reading for post-qualifying students and practitioners.
257 pages; ISBN 9781847877383
, or download in
More from this author
- Design Technology for Heterogeneous Embedded Systems2012US$ 129.00472 pages
- Integrated Optical Interconnect Architectures for Embedded Systems2012US$ 139.00275 pages