for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Sports Journalism

Context and Issues

Sports Journalism
'Boyle’s study is essential reading for all students, teachers and researchers of

sports journalism' - Journalism

'A very good, up-to-date and insightful book that addresses an increasingly popular, yet under-researched, area that will be of real interest to students, journalists and researchers alike' - Dr Andy Smith, Chester Centre for Research into Sport and Society, University of Chester

'Very clear and accessible, addressing key and complex issues in a plain and clearcut way' -Professor Alan Tomlinson, University of Brighton, UK

Across all media; print, broadcast as well as online, sports journalism has come to occupy an increasingly visible space. This book looks at the institutional, cultural and economic environment and provides an invaluable overview of contemporary sports journalism across all media forms.

" Situates sports journalism within the broader historical, economic, technological and cultural contexts

" Examines the commercialisation of sport and the impact this is having on sports journalism

" Looks at the relationship between PR and journalism

" Considers the gendered nature of the industry and the impact of digital technology on professional practice

This book offers a unique and up-to-date in-depth analysis of sports journalism and, as such, it will be required reading for all undergraduate journalism and media studies students.

SAGE Publications; June 2006