The SAGE Dictionary of Statistics
A Practical Resource for Students in the Social Sciences
The SAGE Dictionary of Statistics provides students and researchers with an accessible and definitive resource to use when studying statistics in the social sciences, reading research reports and undertaking data analysis. Written by leading academics in the field of methodology and statistics, the Dictionary will be an essential study guide for the first-time researcher as well as a primary resource for more advanced study.
This is a practical and concise dictionary that serves the everyday uses of statistics across the whole range of social science disciplines. It offers basic and straightforward definitions of key concepts, followed by more detailed step-by-step explanations of situating specific methods and techniques. It also contains lists of related concepts to help the user to draw connections across various fields and increase their overall understand of a specific technique. A list of key readings helps to reinforce the aim of the Dictionary as an invaluable learning resource.
Designed specifically for students and those new to research, and written in a lively and engaging manner, this Dictionary is an essential reference work for students and researchers across the social sciences.
208 pages; ISBN 9781446225417
, or download in or
Title: The SAGE Dictionary of Statistics
Author: Duncan Cramer; Dennis Laurence Howitt
- Academic > Statistics > Intellectual life; Statistics; Periodicals
- Academic > Statistics > Statistics
- Academic > Statistics > Population; Statistics; Periodicals
- Business > Development > Research & Development
- Social Science > Statistics
- Social Science > Research
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Criminology
- Reference > Dictionaries
- Business > Planning & Forecasting
- Business > Economic Development
- True Crime