Programming Interviews Exposed
Secrets to Landing Your Next Job
50 interview scenarios are presented along with in-depth analysis of the possible solutions. The problem-solving process is clearly illustrated so you'll be able to easily apply what you've learned during crunch time. You'll also find expert tips on what questions to ask, how to approach a problem, and how to recover if you become stuck. All of this will help you ace the interview and get the job you want.
What you will learn from this book
- Tips for effectively completing the job application
- Ways to prepare for the entire programming interview process
- How to find the kind of programming job that fits you best
- Strategies for choosing a solution and what your approach says about you
- How to improve your interviewing skills so that you can respond to any question or situation
- Techniques for solving knowledge-based problems, logic puzzles, and programming problems
Who this book is for
This book is for programmers and developers applying for jobs in the software industry or in IT departments of major corporations.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Title: Programming Interviews Exposed
Author: John Mongan; Noah Kindler; Eric Gigu?re
1. Before the Search.
2. The Job Application Process.
3. Approaches to Programming Problems.
4. Linked Lists.
5. Trees and Graphs.
6. Arrays and Strings.
9. Object Oriented Programming.
11. Other Programming Topics.
12. Counting, Measuring, and Ordering Puzzles.
13. Graphical and Spatial Puzzles.
14. Knowledge-Based Questions.
15. Non-Technical Questions.