The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Chambers Dictionary
This 10th edition of The Chambers Dictionary offers you for the first time unrivalled coverage of the English language in MobiPocket format for your PDA, desktop PC and smartphone. Over 270,000 definitions of 160,000 different words The Chambers Dictionary remains the dictionary of choice for professional writers, puzzle and wordgame enthusiasts and everyone with a love of words. Now in its tenth edition, it differs from other available dictionaries in providing information on unfamiliar words as well familiar ones: words from our literary heritage, words from the different dialects of English, and words from hundreds of subject areas. In all, there are over 270,000 definitions of 160,000 different words.
While the traditional Chambers virtues of being informative, witty and authoritative have been retained, the dictionary has been updated to provide a clear and modern text for today's users.
"It's the most human of dictionaries, the most quirky and eccentric, the hardest to put down once picked up." Philip Pullman
- More words and definitions than any other English dictionary in this format
- Revised and updated to reflect modern usage
- The richest range of English from Shakespeare to the present day
- Clear, accurate and, on occasion, characteristically witty definitions
- Unequalled inclusion of literary and obscure words from the past
- Help with pronunciation symbols
- headword and wildcard search
- full-text search
- hyperlinking of cross-references
- simple and easy to navigate
- tooltips explain all dictionary abbreviations
The Holy Bible 1900 US$ 4.95 4313 pages
On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition 2012 US$ 11.49 336 pages