Expert F# is about practical programming in a beautiful language that puts the power and elegance of functional programming into the hands of .NET developers. In combination with .NET, F# achieves unrivaled levels of programmer productivity and program clarity. This books serves as
- The authoritative guide to F# by the designer of F#
- A comprehensive reference of F# concepts, syntax, and features
- A treasury of expert F# techniques for practical, realworld programming
While inspired by OCaml, F# isn't just another functional programming language. Drawing on many of the strengths of both OCaml and .NET, it's a generalpurpose language ideal for realworld development. F# integrates functional, imperative, and objectoriented programming styles so you can flexibly and elegantly solve programming problems, and brings .NET development alive with interactive execution. Whatever your background, you'll find that F# is easy to learn, fun to use, and extraordinarily powerful. F# will help change the way you think about and go about programming.
Written by F#s designer and two active contributors, Expert F# is the authoritative, comprehensive, and indepth guide to the language and its use. Designed to help others become experts, the book gives a thorough introduction to the F# language from quick essentials to indepth advanced topics such as active pattern matching, aggregate data types and operators, sequence expressions, lazy values, mutable data and sideeffects, generics, type augmentations, functional decomposition and code organization.
The second half of the book is devoted to examining the practical application of F#, providing elegant solutions to common programming tasks including user interface implementation, data access, web and distributed programming, symbolic and numerical computations, concurrent programming, testing, profiling, and interoperability with other languages. The latest hot developments in F# and .NET are also addressed, including Active Patterns, implicit class construction, integration with LINQ over relational data, meta programming and useful tips for working with Visual Studio and F# commandline tools.
The worlds foremost experts in F# show you how to program in F# the way they do!
620 pages; ISBN 9781430202851
, or download in
Title: Expert F#
Author: Antonio Cisternino; Adam Granicz; Don Syme
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The Internet For Dummies 2015 US$ 19.99 388 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB 2012 US$ 31.49 889 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > FRED
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Functional programming
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Programming > Object Oriented
- Computers > Programming Languages