Bayesian Networks and Influence Diagrams: A Guide to Construction and Analysis
Probabilistic networks, also known as Bayesian networks and influence diagrams, have become one of the most promising technologies in the area of applied artificial intelligence, offering intuitive, efficient, and reliable methods for diagnosis, prediction, decision making, classification, troubleshooting, and data mining under uncertainty.
Bayesian Networks and Influence Diagrams: A Guide to Construction and Analysis provides a comprehensive guide for practitioners who wish to understand, construct, and analyze intelligent systems for decision support based on probabilistic networks. Intended primarily for practitioners, this book does not require sophisticated mathematical skills or deep understanding of the underlying theory and methods nor does it discuss alternative technologies for reasoning under uncertainty. The theory and methods presented are illustrated through more than 140 examples, and exercises are included for the reader to check his/her level of understanding.
The techniques and methods presented for knowledge elicitation, model construction and verification, modeling techniques and tricks, learning models from data, and analyses of models have all been developed and refined on the basis of numerous courses that the authors have held for practitioners worldwide.
329 pages; ISBN 9780387741017
, or download in
Title: Bayesian Networks and Influence Diagrams: A Guide to Construction and Analysis
Author: Uffe B. Kjærulff; Anders L. Madsen
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Experimental design
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Bayesian statistical decision theory
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Computers > Mathematical & Statistical Software
- Computers > Artificial Intelligence
- Business > Production & Operations Management
- Business > Development