The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Multimodal User Interfaces
From Signals to Interaction
Where multimodal signal processing meets multimodal human computer interaction...Signal Processing (SP) and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), two very popular scientific areas, are brought together to provide solutions to a series of great challenges in the field of multimodal interfaces. Focus is on multimodal interfaces that respond efficiently to speech, gestures, vision, haptics and direct brain connections taking advantage of recent developments in both HCI and SP.
The book presents a common theoretical framework for fusion and fission of multimodal information using the most advanced signal processing algorithms constrained by HCI rules, described in detail and integrated in the context of a common distributed software platform for easy and efficient development and usability assessment of multimodal tools. The book also demonstrates the use of the multimodal framework for the development of a set of applications in the areas of edutainment, interfaces for disabled people and interfaces for medical applications.
325 pages; ISBN 9783540783459
, or download in
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > User interfaces (Computer systems)
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Networking