The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Treating the Juvenile Offender
This authoritative, highly readable reference and text is grounded in the latest knowledge on how antisocial and criminal behavior develops in youth and how it can effectively be treated. Contributors describe proven ways to reduce juvenile delinquency by targeting specific risk factors and strengthening young people's personal, family, and community resources. Thorough yet concise, the book reviews exemplary programs and discusses theoretical, empirical, and practical issues in assessment and intervention. It also provides best-practice recommendations for working with special populations: violent offenders; gang members; sexual offenders; youth with mental health, substance abuse, educational, and learning problems; and female offenders.
More Social Science
Statistics in Plain English, Third Edition 2010 US$ 42.95 212 pages
The Powers to Lead 2008 US$ 14.99 241 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Penology. Prisons. Corrections > The juvenile offender. Juvenile delinquency. Reform schools, etc.
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Penology. Prisons. Corrections > The juvenile offender. Juvenile delinquency. Reform schools, etc.
- Academic > Public Affairs > Corrections
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Medicine > Psychiatry
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Forensic Psychology
- Law > Criminal Law
- Social Science > Social Work
- Social Science > Criminology