Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2008 in 24 Hours
Complete Starter Kit
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you will be up and running with Visual Basic 2008. Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson builds upon a real-world foundation forged in both technology and business matters, allowing you to learn the essentials of Visual Basic 2008 from the ground up. Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks. The Q&A section, quizzes, and exercises help you build and test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting pieces of information. Did You Know? tips offer advice or teach an easier way to do something. Watch Out! cautions advise you about potential problems and help you steer clear of disaster.
Learn how to…
- Use the powerful design environment of Visual Studio 2008
- Design feature-rich interfaces using components such as tree views and tabs
- Create robust applications using modern error-handling
- Draw fast graphics using GDI+
- Build a database application using ADO.NET
- Distribute a Visual Basic 2008 Application
- Manipulate the Windows Registry
- Create, read, and write text files
- Use event-driven techniques to build responsive applications
DVD Includes: Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition
On the Web: Register your book at informit.com/title/9780672329845 for access to author code, examples, updates and corrections as they become available.
569 pages; ISBN 9780768678437
, or download in or
Title: Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2008 in 24 Hours
Author: James Foxall
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Bertrand
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > BASIC
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Computers > Programming Languages > Visual Basic