The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Discourse Analysis as Theory and Method
The book introduces the three approaches in a clear and easily comprehensible manner, explaining the distinctive philosophical premises and theoretical perspectives of each approach as well as the methodological guidelines and tools they provide for empirical discourse analysis. The authors also demonstrate the possibilities for combining different discourse analytical and non-discourse analytical approaches in empirical study. Finally, they contextualize discourse analysis within the social constructionist debate about critical social research, rejecting the view that a critical stance is incompatible with social constructionist premises and arguing that critique must be an inherent part of social research.
230 pages; ISBN 9781446230633
, or download in or
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Language. Linguistic theory. Comparative grammar > Discourse analysis
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > General
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Research
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Semantics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics