The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Commonwealth Caribbean Law and Legal Systems
Fully updated and revised to fit in with the new laws and structure in the Commonwealth Caribbean law and legal systems, this new edition examines the institutions, structures and processes of the law in the Commonwealth Caribbean.
The author explores:
- the court system and the new Caribbean Court of Justice which replaces appeals to the Privy Council
- the offshore financial legal sector
- Caribbean customary law and the rights of indigenous peoples
- the Constitutions of Commonwealth Caribbean jurisdictions and Human Rights
- the impact of the historical continuum to the region's jurisprudence including the question of reparations
- the complexities of judicial precedent for Caribbean peoples
- international law as a source of law
- alternative dispute mechanisms and the Ombudsman
Effortlessy combining discussions of traditional subjects with those on more innovative subject areas, this book is an exciting exposition of Caribbean law and legal systems for those studying comparative law.
487 pages; ISBN 9781135333850
, or download in
The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in a New Era 2014 US$ 40.00 416 pages
No Place to Hide 2014 US$ 12.99 256 pages