Security Studies is the most comprehensive textbook available on security studies.
It gives students a detailed overview of the major theoretical approaches, key themes and most significant issues within security studies.
- Part 1 explores the main theoretical approaches currently used within the field from realism to international political sociology.
- Part 2 explains the central concepts underpinning contemporary debates from the security dilemma to terrorism.
- Part 3 presents an overview of the institutional security architecture currently influencing world politics using international, regional and global levels of analysis.
- Part 4 examines some of the key contemporary challenges to global security from the arms trade to energy security.
- Part 5 discusses the future of security.
Security Studies provides a valuable teaching tool for undergraduates and MA students by collecting these related strands of the field together into a single coherent textbook.
Title: Security Studies
Author: Paul D. Williams
Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies 2013 US$ 25.46 265 pages
Circuit Analysis For Dummies 2013 US$ 19.50 387 pages