The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Differentiated School
Making Revolutionary Changes in Teaching and Learning
The authors balance broadly applicable guidance with specific illustrations of how two schools—a middle-income elementary school and a mixed-income high school—experienced the change process in dramatically different ways. In both instances, the new approach to teaching and learning had sweeping, positive results for staff and students.
Carol Ann Tomlinson, Kay Brimijoin, and Lane Narvaez have combined their expertise with differentiation in schools—including professional development, research, leadership, coaching, and teaching—to highlight factors that contributed to the continuing success of school reinvention efforts such as
· Approaching change with the particular school culture in mind.
· Leading a staff toward change with appropriate pushes, pauses, and acknowledgments.
· Fostering continued growth in understanding and skill with differentiation in the classroom.
· Encouraging teachers to reinforce one another’s strengths.
· Monitoring progress toward expanded flexibility in instructional approaches.
· Nurturing teacher leaders who can sustain the effort beyond one principal’s tenure.
· Providing strong support and role models for deep and broad changes in the school’s teaching practices and learning potential.
Every educator seeking to move beyond isolated efforts to differentiate instruction will find practical support and inspiration in this book. At the same time, you’ll gain understanding about the key characteristics needed for deep, lasting instructional change that taps into the learning potential of all students in your classrooms and schools.
257 pages; ISBN 9781416607724
, or download in
Title: The Differentiated School
Author: Carol Tomlinson; Kay Brimijoin; Lane Narvaez
Sticks and Stones 2013 US$ 11.99 400 pages
Flipping Leadership Doesnt Mean Reinventing the Wheel 2014 US$ 11.95 81 pages