Clinical Trials Explained
A Guide to Clinical Trials in the NHS for Healthcare Professionals
- What will happen during and after a clinical trial?
- How will a trial affect my quality of life?
- What are the benefits and risks of a trial?
- What does giving consent mean and what will it involve?
- Will I incur costs during and because of the trial?
These are the questions that should be raised every time a health care professional talks through with a patient the pros and cons of entering a clinical trial.
Clinical Trials Explained has been designed in consultation with doctors and patients who have taken part in trials, providing an essential and detailed guide to the clinical trials process. It therefore helps both clinicians and patients make well-informed decisions on whether to take part in a clinical trial.
114 pages; ISBN 9780470750223
, or download in
Title: Clinical Trials Explained
Author: David Kerr; Kirstine Knox; Diane Robertson; Derek Stewart; Renee Watson
Managing Infectious Diseases in Child Care and Schools 2008 US$ 47.00 209 pages
Being Mortal 2014 US$ 10.99 320 pages