Grounded in cutting-edge theory and research, this book brings together leading investigators to examine how first impressions are formed; the psychological, biological, and evolutionary processes that underlie them; and their consequences for individuals and society. Chapters present compelling findings on what people infer about others from such cues as facial features, expressions, skin tones, physical movements, and the environmental context. Factors that make first impressions more or less accurate are identified, including the type of inference being made as well as the impact of perceiver characteristics and stereotyping. The book also reveals the significant impact of first impressions--positive or negative--on emotions, cognitions, and behavior.
Title: First Impressions
Author: Nalini Ambady; John J. Skowronski
The Social Entrepreneur's Playbook, Expanded Edition 2013 US$ 9.99 235 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
- Academic > History > History of Great Britain > England > Local history and description > London
- Academic > History > History of Great Britain > England > History > Political, military, naval, and Air Force history.
- Academic > Political Science > Local government. Municipal government > Philosophy. Relation to other topics
- Academic > Psychology > Applied psychology
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Social Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Personality
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication