The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Options for Australia
Few people know more about this issue than Asa Wahlquist, Rural Writer for The Australian. In Thirsty Country she lays the facts clearly before the reader. With no agenda other than to inform, Wahlquist explains how the various schemes work, or don't, their ramifications and their financial and environmental costs. She looks at ventures, small and large, that have worked, and ones that haven't. She exposes some of the stresses and strains between private water authorities and governments that can impede sensible development and she empowers the reader with useful practical advice that they can apply in the home, garden and on the land to reduce demand.
232 pages; ISBN 9781741765076
, or download in
- Academic > Physics > Meteorology. Climatology > Precipitation (Meteorology)
- Academic > Physics > Meteorology. Climatology > Droughts
- The Environment > Nature
- Science > Environmental Science
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- History > Australia & Oceania
- Business > Industries