The reader will provide a thorough grounding in issues related to the study of crime, the criminal justice system, and social control. In their selection the editors have sought to indicate crime's varied and conflicting history as well as its current debates. The mixture of historical and more recent readings shows a variety of perspectives.
The Reader will be an essential sourcebook for students and teachers in the fields of criminology, criminal justice studies, the sociology of crime and deviance, socio- legal studies, social policy, criminal law and social work.
419 pages; ISBN 9781848605336
, or download in
Author: Yvonne Jewkes; Gayle Letherby
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare
- Law > Criminal Law
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Criminology
- True Crime