The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Prayers for People under Pressure
Jonathan Aitken's conversion occurred at a time when he was experiencing the pressures of political life, a public trial, pleading guilty to perjury, being divorced by his wife, going to prison, and returning to "normal" life. Amid all the pressure of those years, he was discipled in such a way that he learned the discipline of daily prayer and kept extensive prayer journals. It is from these that he mined the material for this book.
Essentially following the ACTS approach to prayer-Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication-Aitken also adds an element of contemplation: Our Relationship with God. His acronym, then, is ACTORS, and his collection of prayers and reflections is accordingly divided into five parts, all preceded by a narrative of his introduction to a life of prayer. "Since direct communication with God in prayer is surely the truest path for a spiritual journey," writes Aitken, "my prayer is that this small book may help others along that path."
213 pages; ISBN 9781433503245
, or download in
More from this author
- Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce (Foreword by Jonathan Aitken)2007US$ 5.9983 pages
- Porridge and Passion2006US$ 140.00276 pages
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Missions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Prayer > Prayers
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Missions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Special churches
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Protestant churches
- Religion > Christianity > Prayerbooks
- Religion > Christianity > Christian Life
- Religion > Prayer