A Pathophysiologic Approach
The benchmark evidence-based pharmacotherapy text-now in full color!
Additional chapters are available online
When it comes to helping you develop a mastery of evidence-based medicine for optimal patient outcomes, no book can match Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. Like the discipline it covers, the scope of this trusted resource goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs.
The book also delves into psychosocial issues that affect compliance … topics related to a patient's ability to understand and manage often-complex therapy… and lifestyle changes that may reduce the need for drug therapy or improve pharmacotherapeutic outcomes. Pharmacotherapy delivers everything you need to provide safe, efficacious drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
- NEW! Expanded evidence-based recommendations
- NEW! Extended coverage of the timely issue of palliative care and pain medicine
- NEW! Important chapters on Pulmonary Hypertension, Disorders of Calcium and Phosphorus Homeostasis, and Multiple Myeloma,
- Outstanding pedagogy, including:
- “Key Concepts” highlighted in each chapter
- “Clinical Presentation” boxes summarize the most common disease signs and symptoms covered in each chapter
- “Clinical Controversies” boxes-presented in the Treatment sections of the disease-oriented chapters-examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy
- Clear therapeutic recommendations in each disease-specific chapter
- “Evaluation of Therapeutic Outcomes” boxes in each disease-specific chapter, containing key monitoring guidelines that facilitate the development of a pharmaceutical, nursing, or medical care plan
Author: Joseph T. DiPiro; Robert L. Talbert; Gary C. Yee; Gary R. Matzke; Barbara G. Wells; L. Michael Posey
When Breath Becomes Air 2016 US$ 12.99 240 pages
Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors (Orange Guide) 2015 2015 US$ 98.50 673 pages