The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Culture of Confession from Augustine to Foucault
A Genealogy of the 'Confessing Animal'
Drawing on the work of Foucault and Western confessional writings, this book challenges the transhistorical and commonsense views of confession as an innate impulse resulting in the psychological liberation of the confessing subject. Instead, confessional desire is argued to be contingent and constraining, and alternatives to confessional subjectivity are explored.
298 pages; ISBN 9781135892791
, or download in or
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Penance > Confession
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Sacraments. Ordinances
- Philosophy > Movements > Humanism
- Philosophy > Movements > Deconstruction
- Philosophy > Movements > Phenomenology
- Philosophy > Western
- Philosophy > Ethics & Moral Philosophy