The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Using Talk Effectively in the Primary Classroom
Drawing on their research into the quality, quantity and type of talk that happens in the everyday primary classroom, the authors offer insights into the most effective ways of using talk to improve teaching and learning. They consider broad classroom-based issues, such as:
- what is important about talk
- what children know about talk when they get to school
- the voice of authority and the voice of the learner
- whole class teaching for diversity
- the experience of boys and girls, and children with special needs
- using talk in the Literacy and Numeracy Hours
- using talk in science and ICT.
Packed full of quotes from teachers and pupils in action, this innovative guide presents a range of practical ways that teachers can develop their interactions with their pupils to raise standards in all primary schools.
132 pages; ISBN 9781134291939
, or download in or
More from this author
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages