The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Therapeutic Relationship in the Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies
Although the therapeutic relationship is a major contributor to therapeutic outcomes, the cognitive behavioral psychotherapies have not explored this aspect in any detail. This book addresses this shortfall and explores the therapeutic relationship from a range of different perspectives within cognitive behavioral and emotion focused therapy traditions.
The Therapeutic Relationship in the Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies covers new research on basic models of the process of the therapeutic relationship, and explores key issues related to developing emotional sensitivity, empathic understanding, mindfulness, compassion and validation within the therapeutic relationship. The contributors draw on their extensive experience in different schools of cognitive behavioral therapy to address their understanding and use of the therapeutic relationship. Subjects covered include:
· the process and changing nature of the therapeutic relationship over time
· recognizing and resolving ruptures in the therapeutic alliance
· the role of evolved social needs and compassion in the therapeutic relationship
· the therapeutic relationship with difficult to engage clients
· self and self-reflection in the therapeutic relationship.
This book will be of great interest to all psychotherapists who want to deepen their understanding of the therapeutic relationship, especially those who wish to follow cognitive behavioral approaches.
312 pages; ISBN 9781134222841
, or download in or
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Therapeutics. Psychotherapy
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognitive Psychology